Safeguarding a vulnerable adult is taken very seriously by Moor Independence Ltd and we are therefore committed to the following:
- Maximising a person’s choice, control and inclusion at all times.
- Ensuring that our clients welfare is always paramount.
- Carrying out risk assessments to ensure safe and effective working practices are in place.
- Working in partnership with other health professionals to safeguard our clients.
- Protection of human rights.
If anyone suspects that an individual may be at risk from a range of abuses or neglect then it is a duty to report anything that may be putting someone at risk.
If you see, hear or suspect that an individual may be at risk of abuse or neglect, you must tell someone about it. You can contact Devon County Council via an online safeguarding referral form found at www.devon.gov.uk/devonsafeguardingadultsboard/reporting-concerns
Or you can contact Care Direct on 0345 155 1007, Care Direct is open for calls from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 1pm on Saturdays, outside of these hours and in an emergency only then please dial 0845 600 0388.
If you think that someone may be in immediate danger then call the police on 999.
If in any doubt then please contact our offices on 01364 800125, who will help point you in the right direction.